Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekly Feature 4: Something Blue

Because everyone needs a little "Something Blue" in their life...

I think I can hear the ocean...

This week's featured artist is jewelry designer, Dawn, from Moondawn Designs.  She came to jewelry making in an interesting way and you can read all about it here in her profile on Etsy.  Dawn's designs are eclectic and delicate with a vintage feeling.  
When I asked Dawn about her creations this is what she told me:

Q: How would you describe your 'style'?
A: I like to consider my style as "nothing, but anything".  I don't really have a style but I will try anything when an idea pops into my head.  I don't like to stick to one kind of style.  My mind would get bored, and there are so many different styles to try, and create.  Why would I stick with just one?

Q: What inspires you?
A: My inspiration could come from anything I lay my eyes on.  I could catch a glimpse of a bicycle rim in the right light and come up with a great pair of earrings (uh oh...ideas are coming), or see a television show where the sand is blowing across a sand dune, and come up with a wonderful idea for a beautiful, slinky necklace.  It really is confining to be inspired by one or two things, so I don't limit myself.  It's more fun that way!

Q: How long have you been selling on Etsy?
A: I have been selling on Etsy for about 9 wonderful months now and I have loved every minute I spend on the site.

Q: What is your favorite shade of blue?
A: I love tropical shades of blue.  They remind me of the cool ocean waters and the warmth of a tropical sky.

No comments:

 
UA-4704716-1