Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Etsy Experiment...

Green Glass Bauble Earrings
available in my Etsy Shop

Over the next week, Monday through Sunday, I'm going to test a little theory about Etsy. The theory (or it is a myth?) goes something like this; the more you list and renew the more sales you will have. So, the experiment will be to list and renew up to 5-10 times per day at various times during the day. The total cost for this experiment will be somewhere between $7.00 to $14.00. I have read that advertising should comprise 10% of your sales revenue so in order for this experiment to be considered successful I will need to sell somewhere between $70.00 to $140.00 worth of merchandise depending on what my actual listing fees end up being.

I have always renewed and listed as needed as opposed to in a deliberate, "make a sale" type of fashion so I'm interested to see what results this intentional listing & renewing will bring.

Would you like to join me in this experiment? I would love to hear what your results are as well.

I'll report back next Sunday, March 15th...stay tuned!


post signature

1 comment:

Jaimee McClellan said...

Okay, I'm so excited to see your results!!!
I know everyone says "you have to spend money to make money" but when it's your own, it's a little different. I'm curious to see how you did and I may just attempt the same thing!

 
UA-4704716-1