Thursday, March 5, 2009

What I Want...

Eames style office chair


I  have been lusting after this chair for ages.  I love the simplicity of the design and the fact that it's white makes it the perfect chair for my studio.  The chair pictured above is a knockoff of the original Herman Miller Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair.
"Aluminum Group chairs were originally developed in 1958 as a special project by Charles and Ray Eames for a private residence being designed by Eero Saarinen and Alexander Girard. The seat-back suspension was a major technical achievement and represented a departure from the concept of the chair as a solid shell."
Whatever, I want one.  And when I do get one it will be a knockoff.  The Herman Miller chair sells for around $2000 and I really can't justify that kind of expense on an office chair, especially since I can get my hands on an incredible facsimile for around 1/10th the price. 

post signature

No comments:

 
UA-4704716-1