Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vignettes

Sea Shells & Pearls 
Vanity vignette

I love vignettes (at least that's what I refer to them as...tableaus perhaps?), the gathering of treasured objects displayed in one's home.  I love arranging them in my own home and for me they are constantly changing, keeping things interesting and dissuading me from more drastic redecorating like painting the walls or rearranging the furniture (again!)
When I saw this charming collection of sterling and pearl jewelry amongst heaps of lovely sea shells on a friends bathroom vanity, I just had to take a photo.  Here it is...inspiring me now to seek out even more of these delightful groupings and share them with you.  And so the quest begins.

post signature

2 comments:

Contrariwise said...

Such a beautiful photo and a gorgeous grouping.

Unknown said...

Hey there!

I'm kinda dropping by randomly (& kinda dropping by to hit you with my EC) to tell you about this new selling site I found. It's called ArtFire.com & you should check it out.

It's still really, really new (still in beta) but it's heading in a really good direction! They are already buying advertising online & in print magazines to bring in traffic to the site. (It's already got almost as much traffic as indiepublic.com)

It's got stats for shop views so you know where your customers are coming from! I know! Gasp! Faint! Right? hehe

& it's just $7 a month (for the first 5000 artists) to list & sell as much as you can FOREVER. $7 a month no matter what! I signed up on that alone! haha

Anyhoo, it is new so there aren't zillions of people using it (which is good & bad) but I thought you might want to take a look at it. With the ad campaign they are working on kicking in soon (or so they are saying), I think it's going to be a good place to start listing!

If you sign up, give me a yell & let me know what you think!

Always,
Amy

P.S. I do that too. I didn't know there was a name for it!! :)

 
UA-4704716-1