Sunday, July 20, 2008

Party on the bridge



On Saturday evening we headed over to the Colorado Street Bridge (aka Suicide Bridge) for the annual "Bridge Party". This event is put on by Pasadena Heritage, a truly valuable organization dedicated to preserving & protecting the historic, architectural, and cultural resources in Pasadena.  Not only is this always a really fun evening but just by attending you get to help a good cause, what could be better than that?


The tickets cost $15 for adults & $7 for children 7-12 years.  A bit less if you buy them online, in advance.  The stunning depiction of the bridge featured on the tickets is from a painting by Pasadena resident and über talented artist, Kenton Nelson.


Strolling through the crowd

We arrived around 7pm and strolled through the park entrance checking out the beautifully restored vintage cars and, of course partaking in some very refreshing Craftsman "Heritage" beer. Crafstman Beer is brewed right here in Pasadena and is one of my favorite micro breweries (I'm not biased, I swear!)

A pristine 1951 Buick Woodie

There are three separate stages along the bridge where live bands play and several local restaurants are there as well serving their most popular dishes.  Among the many, tasty treats we enjoyed was a delicious Chinese Chicken Salad from Minx Restaurant in Glendale.
All in all it was a great night, the weather was perfect (although I was wishing I had brought a light sweater towards the end of the evening) and the company entertaining.  And I even managed to pass out all the Moo mini cards I brought with me...
I can't wait for next year!
A view of the former Hotel Vista del Arroyo, now the home of the 
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals

No comments:

 
UA-4704716-1